3. For his distinguished services, Brig Ganesham was awarded “Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM)” by the President of India on the occasion of Republic Day 2005.
.4. Post retirement from the Army, he served Bharat Dynamics Ltd BDL) as Director (Production) from 2006-9. He is a member of the Advisory oard of ECHS, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, Rajya Sainik Board.
5. He formed a voluntary group “Palle Srujana” with like minded friends to promote knowledge-based activity in unified Andhra Pradesh in 2005. They publish a bi-monthly “Palle Srujana” in Telugu for dissemination of grassroots creativity and traditional knowledge, since 2006. During Pandemic Palle Srujana conducted weekly webinars on grassroots Innovations since October 2020 uninterrupted. Over 100 innovators and and two hundred innovations were showcased in these 0 webinars.
6. Palle Srujana conducts Chinna Shodha yatra every quarter in various parts of both the Telugu states to walk in the remote areas to understand and capture the grassroots knowledge and the creativity of villagers. Since 2011, 38 such yatras involving over 1000 participants walked over 1500 kms in all districts of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana interacting with thousands of villagers from over 600 villages. These yatries are the future social leaders and change makers.
7. In the last 15 years, he addressed over 90000 students in both Telugu states and walked over 4000 Kms across the country in remote areas visiting over 1200 villages. Rural Internship on and offline conducted for over 1200 students, executives etc in the last 5 years including for PG students of Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).
8. He built a voluntary network of 3000 in Telugu states. In the last 15 years, they identified over 300 innovators and documented more than 2000 traditional knowledge practices. Palle Srujana facilitated many grassroots innovators to be recognized by National, International Governments and private Organizations. Innovators were showcased and connected to formal reputed institutions. Till date, Innovators received 13 President of India awards and 26 patents. 86 innovations incubated and marketed successfully. Combined turnover of the grassroots innovations during the period 2015-20 is over Rs 10 Cr touching the lives of over 7 lakh Telugu families and providing employment to over 200 people in rural region.
Palle Srujana seeks problems from the society and provides solutions utilizing the creativity of grassroots Innovators. In the past five years over 20 problems have been solved by providing suitable products.
9. On Republic Day 2017, two grassroots innovators scouted by Palle Srujana were awarded ‘PADMASHRI” by Govt of India. One Innovator was honoured with ASEAN First Prize at Asia Innovation Festival during October 2019. Two Innovators have been awarded “National Entrepreneurs” by the Govt of India in 2017 and 2018. NIRD awarded two Grassroots Innovators for the Best Innovation in waste disposal sector and one innovator for Best Start Up during RSIC 2019. C V Reddy – farmer innovator has been awarded PADMASHRI in Jan 2020. Raitu Nestam Foundation honoured nine Innovators with “Raitu Nestam” awards since 2012.Three International awards were conferred on three of the innovators from Telugu states
10. He conceived a new model “Grassroots Entrepreneurship” for disseminating the grassroots innovations which helps grassroots innovators in providing market and finance for manufacture. This model has been successfully implemented since 2018 under “Creative Minds” and had a combined turnover of Rs 15 crores in 2018-21 from the sale of grassroots innovations by the innovators from both the Telugu states. Over 15 production facilities are existing in villages and towns for manufacturing over 80 ‘Ready for Sale” grassroots innovations.
11. His major initiatives include “Gram Swayam Samruddhi”, “Rural Internship”, “Gyan shodh” and capturing creativity of school children- Ignite the minds.
12. His mission is to highlight the significance of grassroots creativity for an equitable growth of the Nation to the students, industry, scientific community, society in general and the Government.
Brigadier P Ganesham, VSM (Retd)
Founder President, Palle Srujana
Formerly Director (Production), Bharat Dynamics Ltd
Adviser, Telangana State Innovation Cell, GoT
Member, Rajya Sainik Board, Govt of Telangana
Member, State Managing Committee for Veterans, Telangana
Member, Advisory Committee, ECHS, AP and Telangana states
Member, EC, Indian Social Science Academy
Member Board of Studies, HITAM, Hyderabad
Member, Kims Foundation and Research Centre, Hyderabad
Website : www.pallesrujana.org
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
Phone Numbers : +919866001678, 040 2711 8555
102, Vayupuri, Road No 5,